Christmas has come and gone and, no doubt, there has been way too much food and booze intake. We’ve now reached that awkward week after the mayhem, but we’re not back into the new year’s routine just yet… still most people feel like they need to move! Country walks, gentle yoga and any games will make you feel human again! Here is one to try with the family or your friends and I warn you… it is not as easy as it looks!
1. Lower your butt down so that you are in your lowest squat, feet apart or together (this is a little harder). If you have bad knees, stop before there is any pain!
2. Lean weight forward to come into downward facing dog and enjoy the shoulder stretch 🙂
3. Stack shoulders over wrists and walk your feet forward as far as you can, let your hips rise up above your shoulders.
4. Walk the feet back to down dog and try to drop your heels down to the floor.
5. Bring the weight back into your squat.
6. Optional: stand from low squat and repeat the sequence.
Beginner: repeat x 3
Intermediate: repeat x 8
Advanced: repeat x 12
Happy Holidays and see you on the other side!