I am not a fan of bland food! Healthy or otherwise! The wonderful veggies and fruits around us combined with good quality meats and great spices give me reason to believe that it really doesn’t have to be that way…we can eat flavoursome, delicious food, whilst looking after ourselves and feeding our bodies all the nutrients it needs. Furthermore, spice actually gives us a metabolic boost so we burn fat quicker! I was feeling creative on Saturday night and lazy (going to the shops was NOT an option…) so found some leftovers to put to good use. Here is what I whipped up!
Squash and Pea Madras
Ingredients (for 2)
1. 1 x small red onion
2. 1 x red pepper (I like the pointy ones)
3. 1 x small organic squash
4. tin of tomatoes or passata
5. four handfuls of frozen peas
6. 2 teaspoons curry powder (I likw HOT!)
7. teaspoon of madras paste
serve with salad dressed with lemon juice and low fat natural yoghurt 😀
1. Fry off onion and pepper
2. Cook peas and squash (I just boiled but steam if you can)
3. throw all ingredients together in a wok and leave flavours to blend for 5 mins
Serve up!!! Enjoy!!!