Avoid all the hidden nasty ingredients in supermarket granola and make it yourself B-)
It is SO easy and SO quick!
What do you need?
1 mug raw oats (organic if possible)
1/4 mug chopped almonds
A handful of pumpkin seeds
3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (or a combination of the two)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
A sprinkle of vanilla powder or essence
A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200 celsius. Mix together all the ingredients in a big fat mixing bowl. Use fingers and get in a mess!
- Evenly distribute in an oven proof dish.
- Put it in the oven for 10 mins until lightly toasted.
- Play with your pet or do something productive (I choose the former).
- Take it out the oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Store in a cool dry place in an air tight container. This mixture will last for two weeks. Serve with a milk of your choice or fruit and natural yoghurt!
Eat slowly and make time to be relaxed… the day is stressful enough. Enjoy the time you have to nourish and treat your body 🙂
Interested to hear your variations on this recipe! I know there are a lot out there and I am keen to try them all now!
Be happy and healthy,